Customisable Design Template Licence
This license is applicable to our Lead Magnet Toolkit, Instagram Toolkit and Pricing and Services Guide.
Please review this Agreement and our Terms and Conditions before you purchase any Items.
The following License Terms may be amended or updated from time to time (collectively the “Agreement”) are made effective as of 17 February 2020, and constitute an agreement between you (“The Purchaser” or “you”) and the content owner, KR Baker & LD D'Andrea t/a Self-Made Studio.
- You wish to obtain a license to use a customisable design template ("the Item") on behalf of yourself or your client, and
- Self-Made Studio (“the Licensor”) retains ownership of the Item but grants you (the purchaser) an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use the Item you have purchased to create End Products for yourself or your clients. The End Product is a customised implementation of the Item.
What you can do
- You can create unlimited End Products (customised implementations) and you can transfer End Products to your clients for any fee. When you transfer an End Product to another person, you transfer this license to that person.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license, no matter the extent of the modifications.
In a nutshell: You can customise our templates as you wish and you can resell them to your clients, so long as they have been modified and are not sold or distributed as customisable or editable templates.
What you can’t do
- End Products must not be used or sold in a way that is directly competitive with the original Item you purchased.
- You can’t resell the Item as a template. You can’t re-distribute for free or resell as a template, even after modifications.
- Neither you, or your client can extract a single component out of a template and use it outside the scope of the End Product.
- You can’t use an Item or single component from an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.
In a nutshell: You can resell a purchased template, but only as an End Product, not as a template. You can’t distribute our products for free, and you can’t extract elements of the design to use as you wish.
Additional license terms
- A component of the Item may be externally sourced (such as stock images or icons). Different license terms may apply to the component, such as an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component/s will be identified and the other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will still apply to the rest of the Item.
- Items that contain digital versions of real products, trademarks or other intellectual property owned by others have not been property released. These Items are licensed on the basis of editorial use only. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the intellectual property rights owner.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes.
- If an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
- Self-Made Studio retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms.